Transport Manager CPC Refresher Training (CPD)
Transport Manager CPC Refresher Training (CPD) - Course Details
Upcoming events for this course
Transport Manager Refresher Training
Training Course Overview
The 2-day Transport Manager CPC Refresher Training Course has been developed for Transport Managers who are responsible for the ‘O’ Licence within their organisation. The course covers all key areas of Transport Manager responsibility and has been designed with the purpose of meeting the Traffic Commissioners’ and TRU expectations of Transport Manager continual professional development.
The TRU and Traffic Commissioners expect Transport Managers to pro-actively keep their knowledge up to date and attending our 2-day refresher course at least every 5-years is an effective way of demonstrating this.
This training course is ideal for restricted licence holders, persons with responsibilities or management in the transport sector. Giving you comprehensive knowledge and understanding of transport laws, legislation and penalties.
Our courses are approved for operators who have had their licence revoked or suspended and are required to complete a Tm refresher course in order to have it reinstated.
Courses are delivered at our training centre in Newry Northern Ireland only there is no remote training option for this course.
Course includes all training literature, newly released information & guideline booklets and handouts to keep and take away with you for reference in your day to day work.
Includes 14 hrs of modular CPC training hours.
Who is this course for?
- Transport Managers who are responsible for the ‘O’ licence within their transport operations who
wish to demonstrate continual professional development.
- Individuals who wish to update their LGV transport and operator legislation knowledge.
- Transport Managers who are required by the Traffic Commissioner to complete refresher training.
- Transport Managers will usually have to provide CPD evidence to the Traffic Commissioner when
- Hold a qualification that is more than 10 years old.
- Haven’t acted for an operator in the past five years.
- Are named as the TM on a new operators’ licence application.
- Are the Transport Manager named on the renewal of an operators’ licence.
- Are named as a Transport Manager on more than one operator licence.
- Have been called to a public enquiry where their ability to exercise continuous and effective
management is under consideration.
- Transport Manager responsibilities.
- Drivers’ Hours legislation including working time regulations.
- Tachograph usage, driver and operator responsibilities, best practices.
- Driver Licences and Driver CPC.
- Operator compliance risk scores (OCRS).
- Operator licensing , types, legal undertaking, making changes and best practices.
- Effective vehicle maintenance systems.
- Vehicle loading and vehicle specifications.
- Health and safety in transport.
- Traffic Regulations and enforcement agencies.
- Effective management of drivers.
Have a question about this course? Please do not hesitate to contact us